Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sophie Monk struggling with image in LA

Sophie Monk has revealed that she has had a "tough" few years in Hollywood.

The 30-year-old Australian actress, singer and model, who moved to Los Angeles to further her career five years ago, said that people there tend to judge her on her looks without realising she has a sense of humour.

Monk told Who magazine: "It's been a tough, tough time. Over here, I'm a celebrity, but they're not sure what I've done and I struggle with that.

"In Australia, they know I've had a successful music career, that I'm a bit of a comedian. But here they just go by visual, which is tricky for me. Most blonde bombshell types don't have much personality, or they just marry a rich old man. My sense of humour is what's carried me through.

"I would be settled down and married like all my friends if I was in another career. I know I don't want to always live in the spotlight, I want a normal life. In ten years' time, I hope I'll have kids and be married to a loyal man. I want to cash in, then go home."



Fantasy Football

No comments:

Post a Comment